Monday, July 4, 2016

Silver's Edge - Anne Kelleher

Silver's Edge (Shadowlands, #1)Silver's Edge by Anne Kelleher

July 2004
DNF

I just didn't get far enough into this one to get it completed. I have so many other books I want to read and I'm just not inspired to put in the work on it.

I really thought I would like this. The premise was good and my kind of 'thing'. But it was really slow going. Reading isn't as easy for me as it used to be and I now tend to work on the concept of an effort/reward ratio. If I have to put in too much effort for too little reward, I'm not always going to stick at it. I think that's what happened in this case. The characters were fine, the setting was fine, the plot had potential, but I just didn't feel I was getting enough back for the effort it was taking. The discovery that it was the first of two was also off-putting as that seemed to double the effort required without necessarily increasing the reward.

I've felt a lot of the Luna books have a lot of potential and good ideas, but after this one, I'm a little leery of buying them. They cost significantly more, and my budget is reduced these days. They're also not found in our library system. I think I'll wait for more reviews and comments on future releases before I take the risk on buying.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment